Andrea Pirlo (25 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
2 rounds left actually. We won scudetto after match day 36. We were in awful form at the time. And if we had failed that day there’s no guarantee we would have secured it. In the form we were in I doubt we were taking 6 points from the last two matches.
We had a huge lead anyway. Yes, we were awful at the end but part of the reason was that Sarri had totally lost the dressing room by that time. Anyway, I don't rate Sarri much at all as you know. He's not Juve level but let's not pretend he's not miles better than Pirlo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We had a huge lead anyway. Yes, we were awful at the end but part of the reason was that Sarri had totally lost the dressing room by that time. Anyway, I don't rate Sarri much at all as you know. He's not Juve level but let's not pretend he's not miles better than Pirlo.
Meh. I think he’s a minor improvement on Pirlo. We also performed better in cup comps under Pirlo. But whatever, it’s a moot point. Both sucked here.

One has 30 years experience, the other was a complete rookie who hadn’t coached a single match. That speaks volumes about how mediocre and unsuited to a big club Sarri is, that he took 30 years to become that poor.

Dru

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Meh. I think he’s a minor improvement on Pirlo. We also performed better in cup comps under Pirlo. But whatever, it’s a moot point. Both sucked here.

One has 30 years experience, the other was a complete rookie who hadn’t coached a single match. That speaks volumes about how mediocre and unsuited to a big club Sarri is, that he took 30 years to become that poor.
It's shocking (but not really) how people are unable to reconcile this

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He did take Roma to the CL semis in one of their best campaigns ever in europe. IIRC they went through Chelsea, Atletico, Shaktar, Barca and won the 2nd vs Liverpool

Needs to relaunch his career
Got eliminated on one goal on aggregate, and got some questionable calls against them in the 1st leg. Roma was on fire back then, wish they went to the final

Vlad

May 23, 2011
Has he been officially sacked?

Anyway I ain't mad at him, this is all Agnelli's fault
100%
U dont refuse Juve when they come looking for u. He tried his best, I respect that. Sadly his best was far bellow required level. GL

- - - Updated - - -

Hes just too cool for a rookie section.

Poll above should give u an answer ;)

Oct 23, 2011
Because he was one of the protagonists that made us relevant in Italy and Europe again.

I get that we had a rough year with him as a coach, but let's not be ungrateful for what he has done for the club as a player. I'm never going to hate him or solely blame him for this failure, he legitimacy tried his best. He just shouldn't have been put in this position by our management.

I wish him all the best and hope he gets the Sassuolo job. I think it'd be a great environment for him to grow.

May 23, 2013
Legend. This hard season does not taint his legacy in any way. I mean to get CL football and win 2 trophies is not a bad return at all for an entirely inexperienced coach's first season. I hope he goes on to have a great managerial career and maybe with a bit more experience under his belt he can return to Juventus one day.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Hated you as our coach, loved you as our midfielder. One of my all time favorite midfielders I got to see live.

Good luck, maybe you work your way up and come back sometime. Who knows. Juventus was just too much.

Ciao Andrea.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
You tried. Could've been a lot better, could've also been a lot worse. Hopefully you learn from this experience, pick up some more, then maybe one day can come back and win everything. Good luck :heart:

And yes, still a legend without a doubt in my mind. It's stupid to suggest otherwise.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
If another team like Sassuolo picks him up, it means they do see and value what he did this year. Curious to see.

Sorry for him but bringing Max back was always a no-brainer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)