Israeli-Palestinian conflict (10 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Interested in @Tomice thoughts (where you've been lately btw?)
Yeah was away, my grandma died, spent a week in hospital leading up to it and another week doing Shiva. all while juggling work, kinda crappy 2-3 weeks for me.

Anyway, on the funeral part it's completely appalling, no excuses there for the cops. Personally I'm ashamed, there is a lot of public criticism on how the police handled this.
They opened an investigative committee on it and hopefully someone will be held accountable but I'm not holding my breath, cops know how to protect cops.

On the death of the journalist, it's sad, but she wasn't killed in "cold blood" or deliberately, if she was killed by the Israeli army at all. But we already lost that narrative battle.

This all topic has been dominating the news this past few days, it was a hell of a month here even before that.

Last edited:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Yeah was away, my grandma died, spent a week in hospital leading up to it and another week doing Shiva. all while juggling work, kinda crappy 2-3 weeks for me.

Anyway, on the funeral part it's completely appalling, no excuses there for the cops. Personally I'm ashamed, there is a lot of public criticism on how the police handled this.
They opened an investigative committee on it and hopefully someone will be held accountable but I'm not holding my breath, cops know how to protect cops.

On the death of the journalist, it's sad, but she wasn't killed in "cold blood" or deliberately, if she was killed by the Israeli army at all. But we already lost that narrative battle.

This all topic has been dominating the news this past few days, it was a hell of a month here even before that.
Condolences, may she rest in peace.

Oct 17, 2005
No, fuck religion... The idiot mythologies are why this all even happened in the first place... Fuck Alexander the Great too because Hellenism was one of the reasons why those mythologies spread throughout the ancient near east and Mediterranean too...

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
But he had sex with boys and men, so he's safe.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not joking, the person thinking this is funny. Hold on, I'll at you.

- - - Updated - - -

@Tomice

Let's run some shit, bro.
I know you were'nt joking, the honest baiting was funny to me.

Anyway got 10 hours to burn, missed a connecting flight.

Israel isn't Aparthied, it's an occupier. Not same thing, nice shtick though, it's catchy.

- - - Updated - - -

And the poll was a great thouch btw, used it a few times to expose some pepole hypocracy who argue self determination to one side but deny the other

Last edited:

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Do you not think the RSA was occupied and then split and imprisoned and separated?
Perhaps, but the divide there was always racial and not nationality based. And it was a clear minority oppressing a vastly larger population (unlike here) where there was never any diving lines on the ground, just color of skin.
What you may call aparthied, and i'll call occupation, oppression or discrimination, is cause we have conflicting national identities and goals, not cause they are brown pepole.

Also, how many whites were killed during the black resistance to aparthired? How many terror attacks? Zero.
That's another reason for some masures taken that have nothing to do with race but are thrown on the aparthied argument.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Perhaps, but the divide there was always racial and not nationality based. And it was a clear minority oppressing a vastly larger population (unlike here) where there was never any diving lines on the ground, just color of skin.
What you may call aparthied, and i'll call occupation, oppression or discrimination, is cause we have conflicting national identities and goals, not cause they are brown pepole.

Also, how many whites were killed during the black resistance to aparthired? How many terror attacks? Zero.
That's another reason for some masures taken that have nothing to do with race but are thrown on the aparthied argument.
National identity based on faith/ethnicity rather than culture does lead to the worst kind of nationalism though

From time to time I did browse some Israeli TV talk show, and sometimes the discourse they have was shocking and did surprise me tbh. But I do know, not everyone think that way

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
That makes sense. I can appreciate that take. Where are you headed that you missed your flight?
Macedonia, work. the first flight got delayed and landed in Vienna as the connection took off.

National identity based on faith/ethnicity rather than culture does lead to the worst kind of nationalism though

From time to time I did browse some Israeli TV talk show, and sometimes the discourse they have was shocking and did surprise me tbh. But I do know, not everyone think that way
Whole heartedly agree, it is what it is, unfortunately. Though there is a quite distinct Israeli culture at this point but on the creation of that culture you are not wrong. Add to that past traumas and it's a dangerous combination.
The tragic part is that all of that applies to both sides here and that's why this conflict might be endless.

We are a racist country to an extant, not denying that. Some sectors more then others. I just argue that racism in itself is not the actual reason for oppression/occupation of Palestine so I think Israeli apartheid is a fallacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway racisim is making a comeback, we are just ahead of the curve a bit.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)