Suggestions (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zlatan

Senior Member
Jun 9, 2003
23,049
#5
Oh, I get it now, it's already been suggested, we'll see what Marty says when he logs on, but it will most probably be done.
 

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
78,216
#8
Layce Erayce said:
When a mod closes a spammer's thread, can they also remove the links? If they stoop low enough to spam, then they dont deserve a single hit.
While Zlatan is clearly The Enforcer around here, I have a very low tolerance for spammers. Perhaps you haven't noticed, but when I catch spammers on the site not only do I ban them and close the thread. I also edit the original post, change the links, and essentially ridicule the poster by altering some of the text of the spammer's post.

It's my outlet for how I get my aggressions out. ;)
 

Zlatan

Senior Member
Jun 9, 2003
23,049
#9
Or, you could just move it to the mods room like I do. That way the thread will be invisible and the links wont get any hits, and the people who posted in it wouldnt lose their posts ;)
 

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
78,216
#10
Not a bad solution. Still, something about public humiliation as a social deterrent still appeals to me. :p
 
OP

Layce Erayce

Senior Member
Aug 11, 2002
9,116
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread Starter #17
    While I dont usually like smilies like that, I actually second Jeeks there. At least people can post that instead of "FORZA JUVE!!!!!!!!!".

    Another suggestion: Can the color of the posbit column on the left side be changed to contrast the post region on the right?
     

    Martin

    Senior Member
    Dec 31, 2000
    56,900
    #18
    Layce Erayce said:
    Another suggestion: Can the color of the posbit column on the left side be changed to contrast the post region on the right?
    Wild guess: you're on a laptop? LCD's have notoriously inferior contrast ranges, while I can contrast it perfectly well on my desktop, I can't on the laptop.
     
    OP

    Layce Erayce

    Senior Member
    Aug 11, 2002
    9,116
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread Starter #19
    Martin said:
    Wild guess: you're on a laptop? LCD's have notoriously inferior contrast ranges, while I can contrast it perfectly well on my desktop, I can't on the laptop.
    correct. I even tried angling the screen around.


    ....Actually it looks better now :shocked: Are my eyes playing tricks on me or did Keef/Marty do something?
     

    swag

    L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    78,216
    #20
    Layce Erayce said:
    While I dont usually like smilies like that, I actually second Jeeks there. At least people can post that instead of "FORZA JUVE!!!!!!!!!".
    Word.

    Fantastic smilie. If only I had a way to add it myself... hmmm...
     
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

    Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)