The Terminator or Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1 Viewer)

1 or 2

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #27
    James Cameron :delpiero:

I gave my vote for the number 2 only because in the 1st part Arnie is a bad guy. Otherwise, the 1st part has a better story, in my opinion.

OP
    Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #29
    There's more of an artsy and eerie feel to the first one, second one fits the blockbuster-guns-blazing-modern-special-effects-and-explosions type.

I think both were good at what they did. But my personal experience is this; First one I first watched when I was about 7,8 years old on tape, a few years after release I guess, and for some reason Arnold scared the $#@! out of me. So as a kid it was certainly an unpleasant experience. I didn't watch it again until maybe late 90's.

The second one I went to the movies when it came out as a teenager. I left the theater with my mind blown. It was simply the $#@! back then.

So, 2nd one takes my vote based on that.
    Nice post, mate. +rep

2nd by far... One of few fiction movie you can watch 30 years later and It would look great still
    :agree:

First was very good, because it was the first time meeting the destructive force that was a Terminator.

However, the second part brought a even bigger bad-ass in T-1000 and seeing those two clash troughout the film was amazing, even if the ending was a bit unrealistic.

Both are great films, but the second part is one of the best sequels ever.
    Also a very nice post.

not only out of those two, the second one is the best part imo.
    The rest [3rd, 4th and 5th part] are crap compared to the first 2 parts.

So many weird polls.
    I'm bored. :D

You think Terminator you think 2nd, its a timeless blockbuster movie, the first one was fantastic dark sci fi, but no one would remember it much if the 2nd one wasnt made.
    Interesting post. But if you have noticed, in the 1st part Kyle Reese [Michael Biehn, the actor] tells the police John Connor found the time machine and after Arnie's and Reese's pass to the year 1984 he destroyed it. So there's no good explanation in the 2nd part how the time machine appeared again.

2 is probably the best action movie ever
    :agree: It's my all time favourite movie.

OP
    Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #33
    I'm offended that Terminator 5 is not included in this poll.
    ArnOLD vs ArnYOUNG scene is the best scene from Terminator Genisys, imo.

Although the scene has some flaws. If you want me to explain, please tell me. ;)

OP
    Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #36
    First , without question.

First off, Kyle Reese is a much better character and protagonist than the T-800 or John Connor.

I loved the horror element to the original. More gritty, brooding and darker than the sequel.

I felt in the second film, Cameron probably had less freedom to do what he wanted, given the unexpected success of the original.

The original is a classic. Great story, great characters, great tension and atmosphere.

The sequel is a very good popcorn flick.
    ROFL, did not see this post.

Wait, are you actually telling me that Michael Biehn (Kyle Reese) is cooler than Arnold (Uncle Bob) or even Edward Furlong (who was a wonderkid at that time)? You poor, delusional Milan fan.

I will let @Pegi deal with you.

Poslano sa mog SM-J530F koristeći Tapatalk

OP
    Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #37
    You may be right.

But personally, there is no doubt in my mind which is a better film.
    He is 100% right. Look, I love the 1st part but the 2nd one is better in each and every way.

Poslano sa mog SM-J530F koristeći Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)