Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I love Winter, snow and all. On the contrary, I think It's great outside in snowy landscapes. Go get your camera and go out take some winter pictures. They can't be taken in summer.
I will for sure. I miss going out with the cam. I just dislike how it's dark so early so I need a tripod most of the time while my hands are dead frozen. Oh and the worst thing is wind (tripod).

What? :lol2:

Don’t be such a wimp, bro.
But that's not even about me. When I got outside and for walk in the town there's literally 2% of the people outside. I think everyone says how they love winter but they are not outside... ever.

Jan 17, 2011
Dutch covid restrictions extended for another month. Since I work from home exclusively, I'm just gonna go back to UAE and work from there. The restrictions, the winter, 4pm darkness, and sitting in a chair for 10 hours a day in my living room is too much.
Friend works for a company in Amsterdam but decided to come back home for a couple of months because of winter. The only catch is that he's now waking up at 5 for work.

BBQs outside > shitty rain and cold

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I will for sure. I miss going out with the cam. I just dislike how it's dark so early so I need a tripod most of the time while my hands are dead frozen. Oh and the worst thing is wind (tripod).

But that's not even about me. When I got outside and for walk in the town there's literally 2% of the people outside. I think everyone says how they love winter but they are not outside... ever.
Dependent on stage of our projects, I work outside in the winter quite a bit. It’s really not that bad. And we have those 5°c, often rainy winters @Seven was talking about. The mountains are where the snow stays in this part of Canada.

I know quite a lot of people who spend all their free time in winter out backcountry skiing/snowboarding, ice climbing, hiking, etc. I think it depends on what you do. It would suck to go sit in a park and read a book in winter for sure. But lots of fun activities.

- - - Updated - - -

See you in Tuzcouver

anti-snows keep out
Bro, you think the city of Vancouver has snow in winter outside a couple of weeks? :shifty:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Dependent on stage of our projects, I work outside in the winter quite a bit. It’s really not that bad. And we have those 5°c, often rainy winters @Seven was talking about. The mountains are where the snow stays in this part of Canada.

I know quite a lot of people who spend all their free time in winter out backcountry skiing/snowboarding, ice climbing, hiking, etc. I think it depends on what you do. It would suck to go sit in a park and read a book in winter for sure. But lots of fun activities.
I agree but I think that's a lot related to the country as well. I think plenty of people would do that in Canada to. Over here it's not really available unless you go to the mountain which are very expensive, so that fun stuff is quite limited here in the capital. It basically narrows down to bars, pubs and such places. I really love walking and I find it depressing seeing whole town empty. My boots also suck so I have wet feet most of the time which makes me hate it even more. But like Dai said, having camera is really a nice thing (not that fun when you feel hands frozen so I don't even feel the buttons that I'm pressing lol).

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Not here. Vancouver is known as the rainy city for a reason. Winter’s are wet. Thankfully you have endless mountains surrounding and ski hills literally in the city to escape the rain and play in the snow.
Do you still build those beautiful houses? I think such place is a dream of mine to have. Just looking at them makes me hard like that wood.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Bro, you think the city of Vancouver has snow in winter outside a couple of weeks? :shifty:
park tuzzy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)